Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Call Pan Lemongrass Chicken


This Happy Call Pan Lemongrass Chicken was inspired by Wokkingmum's Lemongrass Infused Roasted Chicken but I made a fair bit of adjustments.
I love how I can play with different variations of chicken with my Happy Call Pan. (:
This dish took 15 minutes to prepare, a hour (or more) to marinate and 20 minutes to cook.


Happy Call Pan Lemongrass Chicken Recipe
Ingredients:

4 Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
8 stalks of Lemongrass
A dash of pepper
2 tbsp of Oil
2 Calamansi





Steps:

The ingredients!

Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs.
Marinate both sides of the chicken with the oyster sauce and pepper.
Set inside fridge to marinate. 
I only marinated mine for an hour but if possible, do so for 3 hours or better still, overnight.

Before cooking the chicken, prepare the lemongrass by slitting it and using the side of the knife to flatten it.
This releases the aroma of the lemongrass.

Heat up the Happy Call Pan and add the oil in.
Add the lemongrass in and set the chicken thighs on top of it. 
Grill on low-medium fire for 5 minutes.

Flip the pan and cook the chicken for another 5 minutes.
Flip the pan after 5 minutes and cook the chicken for another 3-5 minutes on both side.
When chicken is ready, a toothpick should come out clean without any blood when poked into the deepest part of the meat.

The chicken!

This dish is best served warm with a squeeze of Calamansi on it!
The dish was slightly bland as I marinated it merely for an hour. 
You can marinate it for a longer time should term permit.

The lemongrass taste was pretty refreshing I should say.
Nevertheless, I will improve this dish soon and post up Part 2 of it! (:

I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...