Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fresh Mango Konnyaku Jellies

Wasn't in too good of a mood and I really wanted to lay my hands on something in the kitchen.
Wanted to make fruit tarts but my milk expired 3 days ago! ):
So I used the mango that I had intended to use for the fruit tarts for Konnyaku Jellies.
Simple to make, less than 30 minutes!

Konnyaku


Fresh Mango Konnyaku Jellies Recipe
Ingredients:
A pack of Konnyaku Jelly Powder
210g of Castor sugar
2 fresh mangoes



Steps:
Weigh the sugar!

Peel and cut the mangoes.. 
I'm playing with my new 'mashing' tool!

Mash the mango up, but not entirely..
A lil' bits here and there gives the jelly more bite!

Mix the Konnyaku powder with the sugar.

950ml of water with the sugar and Konnyaku powder mix brought to boil.
Let it boil till' you see 'bubbles' on it..

I scooped 3 ladles of it into the mango..
I wanted the Magnolia Jelly effect..
Scoop the mango-ish jelly into the cups/pans first.

Add the plain jelly syrup into the cups/pans.
The mangoes didn't wanna stay still! 
So they sort of 'floated' up! (:
This is my new silicon baking 'pan' for only 2 bucks from Daiso!

The rest of the jelly in mini cups I bought from SKP.
The 4 mini cups at the back were used for coloured jellies in the past! (:

Place the jellies into the refrigerator for 3 hours to chill.
Mine's usually set in less than an hour and I'll just take em' out to eat!
Can't wait for my jellies to set! ((:

Konnyaku

I'd love to see the bakes or stuff you've cooked using the blog's recipe! Do share photos of stuff you've baked or cooked using the blog's recipe with me either via FB message to http://facebook.com/limcynthia OR http://facebook.com/thebakingbiatch OR via email at cynthia.lim.hl@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...